Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Project's

Tired Baby Yin


This last week we were back to some sort of routine...however, my week at work was cut short.

I traveled up to Seattle, Washington again on Thursday and Friday, however, this time was far less fun filled than my last Seattle visit. I attended a course on Advanced Amputee Rehab. The speaker is one of pioneers for our profession specific to amputee's.  As usual it rained the entire 48 hours I was there, which was nice because then I didn't mind having to sit inside listening to a lecture for 9 hours each day.  It's always nice to have some time to yourself, which I took full advantage of.  I got a bean and cheese tofu burrito, a yummy fat tire (which we can't get in Utah), and kicked back to a night of Grey's Anatomy. It was heavenly!!

I returned to a weekend full of house projects. Our dear friend Ty stripped and primed our shade structure on our back patio. The next day the three of us did all the painting. We decided on an espresso brown vs. the yucky white it used to be. Way MORE work than I had bargained for and it's not even done yet. Ty has been an amazing help to Josh and I. He is painting for a living now and so we got the professional eye. We are going to cover it with a new top so we can BBQ and drink our coffee in the winter! Finished pictures posted soon!



The second "project" for the weekend was my dear husband's adult science project. He is going to start brewing his own beer at home.  He put together an IPA recipe this weekend. You can't take the scientist out of him.  I have been enlisted as quality control. I will be doing the taste testing. It takes 3-4 weeks until it will be ready. I will keep you updated.





I finally got to catch up with my wonderful friend Mal and hear the Lillybean stories. She sounds amazing. They have a beautiful new baby girl who is the center of their world. We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little one!

Tired Pup
Finally, we took the pups on an early morning hike on Sunday with Robyn, our neighbor and her pup, Yarrow. The leaves are starting to change in the canyons. Fall is in the air. It was so beautiful.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE the BLOG!!! The new paint job looks amazing, what a difference!! Give the pups and your hubby some lovin for us! XOXO and cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good but I hate seeing you both up on ladders and chairs. Please be careful. The puppies are absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete